Harley Brown (Idaho)
|Harley D. Brown|
|Governor of Idaho|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 20, 2014|
|Place of birth||Waterbury, Connecticut|
Brown was born in Connecticut but has lived in Idaho for 25 years, according to his campaign bio. His professional credits include working as a civil and structural engineer and public works officer, in addition to myriad manual labor jobs such as logger, long haul truck driver and construction worker. Brown previously served as commanding officer of Naval Construction Forces. He has also received training as a paralegal.
Brown is a self-professed expert in demolitions as well as the Bible; he cites having "personally led thousands to Christ," as evidence of his success as an evangelist.
The following message was taken from Brown's official 2014 gubernatorial campaign website:
|“||These truths are self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. In support of this, I pledge my Life, my Fortune and my sacred Honor.||”|
—Harley Brown, 
- See also: Idaho gubernatorial election, 2014
Primary Election Results
- Republican primary
|Governor of Idaho, Republican Primary, 2014|
|Butch Otter Incumbent||51.4%||79,786|
|Harley D. Brown||3.3%||5,084|
|Election Results Via:Idaho Secretary of State. Vote totals above are unofficial and reflect 100% precincts reporting.|
- Defend Tenth Amendment:
- Brown said he would use the governor's office to advocate on behalf of the "God given Tenth Amendment Guarantee of states rights [sic]," upon which, he believes, the federal government has infringed in Idaho.
- Restrict Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Brown wants to rein in the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare's authority, which he believes is frequently exercised without concern for due process of law. He cites the separation of "kind and loving parents from well adjusted children," as the most important negative effect of the department's alleged neglect of due diligence that ought to be addressed.
- Brown expressed his opposition to abortion on his official campaign website, stating, "given the powers of governor I would be in a much stronger position to eliminate abortion forever."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Harley + Brown + Idaho + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho Secretary of State, "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2014," accessed March 15, 2014
- Harley Brown for Governor 2014 Official campaign website, "Background," accessed May 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Harley Brown for Governor 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed May 16, 2014
- Harley Brown for Governor 2014 Official campaign website, "Why," accessed May 16, 2014
State of Idaho
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Lands | Director of Labor | Public Utilities Commission |