New York State Senate, District 39
|Profession||Acting Supervisor, Monroe|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Doles ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. Doles was defeated by incumbent William Larkin (R) in the general election on November 2. Doles ran as a member of the Democratic, Independence, and Working Families party.
Doles campaign website lists three main issues:
- Property Taxes: "To Harley, financial reform in Albany does not mean passing the costs down to the towns, villages, and school districts back home. We need to not just talk about, but institute real property tax relief, like a circuit breaker. We need to reform how we fund education and stop pitting our children's future against our pocketbooks. We need to give local governments the opportunity to be as fiscally conservative as New York State government should be and stop passing the costs to them through unfunded mandates."
- Ethics Reform: "It’s time we had a legislature that started listening to the citizens of New York instead of the jingle of their own pockets. We need to remove the veil of secrecy and under-the-table dealings that have grown out of control in Albany by requiring more public oversight. We deserve to see how our money is being spent and who is influencing our publicly elected officials, down to the very last dollar. We need an independent Office of Ethics Investigators that will be empowered to look into complaints made against legislators, their staff and anyone running for office. We need public officers who earn income from outside consulting services to be required to disclose their clients. And we need tighter restrictions on lobbyists so that their interests don’t overshadow the peoples. Harley will stop the wildfire of corruption that has raged in Albany for decades."
- Greening the Hudson Valley: "Our region has never been more ready to embrace the new wave of green technology, jobs, and energy solutions that have already made the Hudson Valley a hub of clean and efficient solutions. Harley supports companies like Solartech, which is the only U.S. owned company building high volume commercial solar panels in the eastern half of the country expects to use more than 100 employees from the Hudson Valley for an initial production capacity of 55,000 solar panels per year. Harley also supports the Green Jobs/Green Homes NY bill that aims to provide energy efficient improvements to one million middle-class homes and homeowners over the course of five years while establishing 600,000 new green jobs. These are the types of jobs and solutions that will propel our area as a national benchmark for green innovation and a model for a thriving local economy."
- BA Political Science and Urban Planning, Columbia University
Committee to Elect Doles
136 Lake St.
Newburgh, NY 12550
Dan Epstein - (845) 565-2654
To email the campaign use this web form.
- Official campaign website
- Official campaign facebook profile
- Official campaign twitter page
- Official campaign YouTube page
- Official Project Vote Smart Biography
- Times Herald-Record, "Doles, Larkin state Senate race keys on taxes, jobs," 10/16/10
- Poughkeepsie Journal, "39th Senate District candidates agree on issues, but not on solutions," October 18, 2010