Harold "Pete" Sigler
|Harold "Pete" Sigler|
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 35|
|2011-December 1, 2012|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
Sigler is a retired contract mine operator. He studied at the West Virginia Institute of Technology.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sigler served on committees:
- Education Committee, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Education Committee, West Virginia State Legislature
- Energy, Industry and Labor, Economic Development and Small Business Committee, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Natural Resources Committee, West Virginia House of Delegates
- Senior Citizen Issues Committee, West Virginia House of Delegates
Sigler was elected to the West Virginia House of Delegates District 35. He defeated Democrat incumbent Sam Argento. He was one of two candidates running for the position in District 35 on the ballot in the November 2, 2010 general election. Sigler did not participate in the primary election because he was appointed to the position after the primary election had happened.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 35 General Election (2010)|
|Harold "Pete" Sigler (R)||3,138||59.31%|
|Sam Argento (D)||2,153||40.69%|
In 2010, when Sigler first won election to the House of Delegates, he was completely self-financed with $5,817.
Sigler is a member of the Masonic Lodge #76 Summersville, the Beni Kedem Shrine Temple, the Nicholas County Farm Bureau, Friends of Coal, and the National Rifle Association. He and his wife, Jan Lourie Caldwell, have two children.
- Harold Sigler on the West Virginia House of Delegates website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Official list of West Virginia's November 2, 2010 candidates
- West Virginia House of Delegates official candidate list
- Appointment verified with the WV SOS on October 14, 2010.
- Official WV primary election results
- The Charleston Gazette, "Nicholas County lawmaker Argento dies," October 28, 2010
- Official General Election Results
- Follow the Money, Harold (Pete) Sigler candidate summary, Retrieved June 23, 2011
|West Virginia House of Representatives District 35
| Succeeded by|
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |