|Alaska House of Representatives District 16|
|January 28, 2013 - present|
|January 26, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||Owner, Drummond Design|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Drummond served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Community & Regional Affairs|
|• Economic Development, Trade & Tourism|
Drummond's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Public Safety"
- "Zero tolerance on crime & gang violence"
- "Road improvement decisions made with community input"
- "Hold the line on property taxes"
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. District 16 incumbent Harriet A. Drummond was unopposed in the Democratic primary and defeated Phil Isley (Nonpartisan) in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 18, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Harriet A. Drummond Incumbent||68%||3,764|
Drummond ran in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 16. She defeated Hugh Brown, III in the August 28, 2012, Democratic primary and defeated Jimmy Crawford (Alaska) (R), Tracy L. Shaffer (R, Write-in), and Phil Isley (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Note: Official results showed 28 write-in votes, with no indication on how many went to write-in candidate Tracy L. Shaffer.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 16 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Hugh Brown III||11.4%||165|
Comprehensive donor information for Drummond is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Drummond raised a total of $62,619 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 1, 2013.
|Harriet Drummond's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Alaska State House, District 16||$62,619|
|Grand Total Raised||$62,619|
2012Drummond won election to the Alaska House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Drummond raised a total of $62,619.
|Alaska House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Harriet Drummond's campaign in 2012|
|Operating Engineers Local 302||$2,000|
|Alaska Public Employees Local 71||$2,000|
|Alaska Laborers Local 341||$2,000|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$2,000|
|Alaska House Democratic Campaign Cmte||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$62,619|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 28th Alaska State Legislature was in session from January 21 to April 20.
- Legislators are scored on "how supportive they are of Alaska’s private business sector."
Drummond is married and has one child and two stepchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Harriet + Drummond + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska State Legislature
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House Committees
- Alaska House of Representatives District 16
- Profile from the Alaska House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- harrietdrummond.com, "Official campaign website," accessed October 22, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 20, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results," accessed November 25, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Drummond, Harriet A," accessed August 1, 2013
- Alaska Business Report Card, "About ABRC," accessed September 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed March 12, 2014
|Alaska House of Representatives District 16
| Succeeded by|