Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Louisiana, District 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 5th Congressional District
He did not receive enough votes to participate in the December 6, 2014 runoff.
He was a 2011 Republican candidate for District 35 of the Louisiana State Senate.
Brown has never held elected office but has served as a past president of the Tensas Basin Levee District board and as a former member of the Ouachita Parish Mosquito Abatement District board.
He is a director on The Nature Conservancy of Louisiana.
- See also: Louisiana's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
Brown ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Louisiana's 5th District. Brown ran as a Republican candidate in the election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Louisiana District 5 General Election, 2014
|| Vance McAllister Incumbent
|| Harris Brown
|| Zach Dasher
|| Clyde Holloway
|| Ed Tarpley Jr.
|| Charles Saucier
|| Eliot Barron
|Source: Ralph Abraham and Jamie Mayo are headed to a runoff election on December 6, 2014.' Louisiana Secretary of State
- See also: Louisiana State Senate elections, 2011
Brown was running in the 2011 election for Louisiana Senate District 35. He was to face incumbent Robert Kostelka (R) and Jeff Guerriero (R) in the primary election on October 22, 2011.
However, Brown dropped out of the race on September 21 after Kostelka and Louisiana Attorney General Buddy Caldwell filed lawsuits challenging his residency. “Sometimes, even in politics, you have to look at what’s most important to you, and that’s my wife and my elderly parents, and I will not parade them through one of Sen. Kostelka’s kangaroo courts,” Brown stated.
Brown’s father, the late Billy Brown, served in the Louisiana State Senate.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Harris + Brown + Louisiana + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Harris Brown News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Shreveport Times, "Monroe businessman Harris Brown to run for 5th District," accessed May 21, 2014
- ↑ Politico, "House Election Results," accessed November 4, 2014
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Shreveport Times, "Monroe businessman Harris Brown to run for 5th District," accessed June 5, 2014
- ↑ The Town Talk, "Guerriero, Kostelka remain in Louisiana Senate District 35," September 21, 2011