|U.S. House, Texas, District 3|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force Reserve/Air National Guard|
|Years of service||1960-1969|
Pierce ran unsuccessfully for election to the 3rd District seat in 2012.
Pierce attended college at Southern Nazarene University and the University of Central Oklahoma. He earned degrees in psychology, religion, and aviation. Pierce then served in the U.S. Air Force Reserve/Air National Guard from 1960 to 1969. He later worked for 28 years as a pilot for Trans World Airlines.
Pierce's campaign website listed the following issues:
- America Needs Fixing
- Excerpt: "Jobs, the Economy, Energy Production, the Debt, the Budget, Federal Spending, the Tax Code, Wars, Corruption, Illegal Immigration, Religion, and our Constitution: These are all areas of concern to Americans. This begs the question: How did we get here to begin with?"
- Unresolved Issues
- Excerpt: "Our congress keeps kicking the proverbial can down the road. As a Vietnam Veteran who understands the cost of freedom, we are suffering from issues which should have been dealt with years ago."
- Liberty and Freedom
- Excerpt: "Capitalism and free enterprise made this country great. Because I am a staunch advocate for the free-market, I will say we have failed to protect it from the one thing which will destroy it: Greed."
- Our Tax Dollars
- Excerpt: "President Obama is pushing for your fair share of taxes. The Communist manifesto calls for a heavy progressive tax. Is that what you want?"
|U.S. House, Texas District 3 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Sam Johnson Incumbent||80.5%||30,943|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Harry + Pierce + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 3rd Congressional District
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |