|Alabama House of Representatives District 64|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Livingston University, 1968|
|Master's||Troy University, 1982|
|Place of birth||Bay Minette, AL|
Shiver worked as a teacher at Bay Minette Middle School from 1974 to 2004, and Stockton Junior High School from 1968 to 1974.
Shiver served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Baldwin County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Public Safety
- Subcommittee on Government Services (State Government)
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Harry Shiver defeated James Hall in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 64 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Harry Shiver Incumbent||61.8%||3,693|
Shiver won re-election to the 64th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Shiver raised $35,608 for his campaign, while Weaver raised $24,892.
|Alabama State House, District 64 (2006)|
|Harry Shiver (R)||5,877|
|Elliot D. Weaver (D)||4,157|
In 2010, Shiver raised $46,485 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Power Co||$2,500|
|Associated Of Justice Fund||$2,500|
|Alabama Optometric Association||$2,000|
|Alabama Rural Electric Association||$1,750|
Below are Shiver's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|Alabama Power Co||$1,500|
|AL Industry & Manufacturers||$1,000|
|Eli Lilly & Co||$500|
|Petroleum & Convenience Marketers of AL||$500|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of AL||$500|
In 2006, Shiver raised $35,608 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Tennessee Valley Citizens For Economic Development||$10,000|
|Alabama Republican Party||$3,912|
Shiver and his wife, Jean, have one child.
He is a member of Delta Phi Beta Service Fraternity, First United Methodist Church, Fort Mims Historical Society, Masons, Mystic Revelers, North Baldwin Search and Rescue Squad, Phi Kappa Phi Fraternity, and the Scottish Rite.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Harry + Shiver + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Harry Shiver
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- 2006 contributions to Harry Shiver
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Alabama Endorsements," March 12, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Shiver
|Alabama House District 64
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|