Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 45|
|Bachelor's||Morgan State University|
|Master's||University of Baltimore|
Spikes' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
The greatest asset of a community is the quality of its education. Every child, teenager, adult, and senior deserves the opportunity to access quality education or skills-based programs. I believe in an educational renaissance. Low family literacy and weak school-family relationships are a few of many challenges with which our school systems struggle. As Delegate, I will look at various educational models in cities, states, districts, and schools that could aid us in our quest to educate our State. I would also share what we offer in our State with other jurisdictions across the nation to help them meet their educational goals.
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Cory V. McCray and incumbents Talmadge Branch and Cheryl D. Glenn defeated Marques Dent, Kevin W. Parson, Harry Spikes, Robert Stokes, Sr. and Aaron Keith Wilkes in the Democratic primary, while Rick Saffery and Larry O. Wardlow, Jr. were unopposed in the Republican primary. McCray, Branch and Glenn defeated Saffery, Wardlow and Ronald M. Owens-Bey (L) for three seats in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Harry + Spikes + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House of Delegates District 45
- Maryland House of Delegates elections, 2014
- Maryland State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Maryland Secretary of State - Official candidate list
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election State Candidates List - House of Delegates," accessed May 9, 2014
- Friends of Harry Spikes, "Beliefs," accessed June 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Official General Election Results," accessed April 30, 2015
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |