|Harvey R. Kenton|
|Delaware House of Representatives District 36|
|2011 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Kenton attended Wesley College. He is a retired fertilizer and real estate salesman. He served in the U.S. Navy.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kenton served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Joint Finance|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Veterans Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kenton served on these committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Veterans Affairs|
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Incumbent Harvey R. Kenton was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Kenton ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 36. Kenton ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 11, 2012 and was unchallenged in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 36, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Harvey Kenton Incumbent||100%||6,298|
| Delaware House of Representatives, District 36 |
2010 General election results
|Harvey R. Kenton (R)||5,229||54.3%|
|C. Russell McCabe (D)||4,400||45.7%|
Comprehensive donor information for Kenton is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Kenton raised a total of $80,581 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Harvey Kenton's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Delaware State House, District 36||$15,201|
|2010||Delaware State House, District 36||$65,380|
|Grand Total Raised||$80,581|
2012Kenton won re-election to the Delaware House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kenton raised a total of $15,201.
|Delaware House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Harvey Kenton's campaign in 2012|
|Kenton, Harvey R||$1,769|
|Sussex County Republican Womens Club||$600|
|Draper, Thomas H||$600|
|Tunnell III, Robert W||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$15,201|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Kenton raised $29,715 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|Kenton, Harvey & Jeanne||$20,000|
|36th District Republican Cmte||$3,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on "social and economic justice issues."
Kenton and his wife, Jeanne, have three children and five grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Harvey + Kenton + Delaware + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House Committees
- Delaware House of Representatives District 36
- Delaware State Legislature
- Harvey Kenton campaign website
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2010 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Kenton, Harvey," accessed September 19, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 21, 2014
V. George Carey
|Delaware House District 36
| Succeeded by|