|Vermont House Of Representatives, Addison 5|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Smith began his career as a dairy farmer, and now raises soybeans and co-owns Smith Family Beef with his granddaughter. He is a past president of the Addison County Farm Bureau and Justice of the Peace. In 2007, he was appointed as the State Executive Director for the Farm Service Agency in Vermont, where he served for two years.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Smith served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Forest Products|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Smith served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• General, Housing and Military Affairs|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Susan Smiley is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Harvey Smith is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Smith won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Addison 5. Smith was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and won re-election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Addison 5 District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Harvey Smith Incumbent||54%||1,151|
Harvey Smith ran for the Vermont House of Representatives Addison 4 in 2010. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 24, 2010. He defeated Spencer Putnam (D) in the November 2, 2010 general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Addison 5 General Election (2010)|
|Harvey Smith (R)||1,003|
|Spencer Putnam (D)||843|
Comprehensive donor information for Smith is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Smith raised a total of $8,376 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Harvey Smith's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Addison-5||$3,416|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Addison-5||$4,960|
|Grand Total Raised||$8,376|
2012Smith won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Smith raised a total of $3,416.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Harvey Smith's campaign in 2012|
|Addison County Republican Cmte||$500|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Evslin, Mary & Tom||$200|
|Mikes Fuels Llc||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$3,416|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, when Smith first won election to the House, he collected $4,960 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Mike's Fuels, LLC||$500|
|Addison County Republican Committee||$400|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Smith voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Smith and his wife, Donna, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Harvey + Smith + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Biographies of Vermont State Representatives and Senators
- List of House Members
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Smith, Harvey T," accessed September 21, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Candidate summary," accessed July 4, 2011
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013