|U.S. House, Oklahoma, District 5|
Sparks grew up in Oklahoma City and attended Oklahoma City and Putnam City public schools. He graduated from Putnam City West High School. He went on to graduate from Oklahoma Baptist University with a degree in family psychology. He also has a master’s degree from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Ft. Worth, Texas.
Sparks ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Oklahoma's 5th District. Former state Senator Steve Russell, and Commissioner of the Oklahoma Corporation Commission Patrice Douglas defeated Sparks, state Rep. Mike Turner, state Sen. Clark Jolley and Shane Jett in the Republican primary on June 24, 2014.
|U.S. House, Oklahoma District 5 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press|
|Harvey Sparks (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 11, 2014||$0||$17,891.09||$(6,469.66)||$11,421.43|
He is married to his high school sweetheart, Jenifer, and together they have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Harvey + Sparks + Oklahoma + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Oklahoma's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Oklahoma's 5th Congressional District
- Harvey Sparks for Congress, "Home," accessed March 19, 2014
- Associated Press, "Oklahoma - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 24, 2014
- Harvey Sparks for Congress, "About," accessed March 19, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Sparks 2014 Summary reports," accessed April 24, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 24, 2014