Hawaii County, Hawaii
Hawaii County is one of 5 counties in Hawaii. The 2010 Census estimated the county's population at 185,079 . The county seat is Hilo. There are no incorporated cities in Hawaii County and Hilo is governed by Hawaii County.
Hawaii County has a mayor-council form of municipal government. Executive authority is vested in the mayor, elected by the voters on a nonpartisan basis to a four-year term. Legislative authority is vested in the nine-member County Council, each of whose members represent a district. Members of the County Council are elected on a nonpartisan basis to two-year terms. The current Mayor of Hawaiʻi County is William P. Kenoi.
Last rated on September 17, 2012.
- Budgets are posted.
- Agendas are posted.
- Elected Officials
- Officials are listed with contact information.
- Administrative Officials
- Officials are listed on department pages.
- Building Permits and Zoning
- Bids and contracts are posted.
- Local Taxes
- Property tax information is posted.
- Meeting minutes are not posted.
- Administrative Officials
- Officials do not have contact information available.
- County audits are not posted.
- There is very little information on lobbying.
- Public Records
- If there is information on open records requests, it is not readily available.
- There is a lot of useful information on this website, but it is hard to navigate. It takes a lot of time and troubleshooting to sift through this website, and this can be discouraging when looking for information. For an example of useful but hard to find information, the link to department audit informations is found at the following link.
|1||Dominic Yagong||(808) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Donald Ikeda||(808) email@example.com|
|3||J. Yoshimoto||(808) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Dennis “Fresh” Onishi||(808) email@example.com|
|5||Fred Blas||(808) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Brittany Smart||(808) email@example.com|
|7||Brenda Ford||(808) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||K. Angel Pilago||(808) email@example.com|
|9||Pete Hoffmann||(808) firstname.lastname@example.org|
County Clerk's Office
|Agency or Division||Title||Name||Phone||Link|
|OFFICE OF THE COUNTY CLERK||COUNTY CLERK||Jamae Kawauchi||(808) 961-8255||http://www.co.hawaii.hi.us/directory/dir_clerk.htm|
|OFFICE OF THE COUNTY CLERK||DEPUTY COUNTY CLERK||Rodney Oshiro||(808) 961-8255||http://www.co.hawaii.hi.us/directory/dir_clerk.htm|
|Council District Staff||http://www.co.hawaii.hi.us/directory/dir_clerk.htm|
|Council Services Section||http://www.co.hawaii.hi.us/directory/dir_clerk.htm|
|Council Committees Section||http://www.co.hawaii.hi.us/directory/dir_clerk.htm|
|Elections Division||(808) 961-8277||http://www.co.hawaii.hi.us/elections/index.html|
|Legislative Research Branch||(808) 961-8387||http://www.co.hawaii.hi.us/directory/dir_clerk.htm|
|Legislative Auditor’s Office||(808) 961-8386||http://www.co.hawaii.hi.us/la/reports.html|
- Main article: Hawaii government sector lobbying
In 2009, the county had one registered lobbyist and had spent no money for the year. As of June 2011, the last date for which information is available with the Hawaii State Ethics Commission, Hawaii County did not have a registered lobbyist with the state.
No lobbying information was found for Hawaii County with opensecrets.org.
- County of Hawaii
- Department of Parks and Recreation
- Property Tax Office
- Hawaii County on E-Reference
- Hawaii County Finance Department
- Hawaii County on Epodunk
Portions of this article were taken and modified from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia under the GNU license