Hawaiian Affairs Committee, Hawaii State Senate
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Hawaii State Senate are assigned by the President of the Senate. Committees are assigned at the start of each term. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The President is not recognized as an "ex officio" member of any committee.
See rules: Senate Rules
|“||Established on July 1, 2013, the Senate Committee on Hawaiian Affairs (HWN) will take over a portion of the purview formerly assigned to the Senate Committee on Tourism and Hawaiian Affairs (THA).||”|
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2011 legislative session.
|Hawaiian Affairs Members, 2011|
|Democratic members (7)||Republican members (1)|
|• Brickwood Galuteria, Chair||• Sam Slom|
|• Pohai Ryan, Vice Chair|
|• J. Kalani English|
|• Clayton Hee|
|• Gilbert Kahele|
|• Michelle Kidani|
|• Malama Solomon|
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014(Section 3-7)
- Information submitted by Carol Taniguchi via email to a Ballotpedia staffer on January 28, 2014.
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014(Section 22-1)
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Committee on Hawaiian Affairs," accessed January 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.