The Health and Welfare Committee is a standing committee of the Kentucky State Senate.
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Kentucky State Senate are assigned by the Committee on Committees. Committees are assigned at the start of each term. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The President is not recognized as an "ex officio" member of any committee.
See rules: Senate Rules
||The jurisdiction [of this] committee shall be matters pertaining to human development, health, and welfare; fire prevention and protection; support of dependents; garbage and refuse disposal; public assistance; child welfare; adoptions; assistance to children; children’s homes; disabled persons; aid to the blind; commitment and care of children and families; mental health; health, medical and dental scholarships; local health units and officers; vital statistics; communicable diseases; hospitals, clinics and long-term care facilities; foods, drugs and poisons; hotel, restaurants and trailer park regulations; sanitation plants; sanitation districts; alcoholism; physicians, osteopaths and podiatrists; chiropractors; dentist and dental specialists; nurses; pharmacists; embalmers and funeral directors; clinical psychologists; optometrists, ophthalmic dispensers; physical therapists.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2009 legislative session.
- ↑ Kentucky State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 39)
- ↑ Kentucky State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 38)
- ↑ Kentucky State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Rule 2)
- ↑ Kentucky State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 23, 2014(Section 40-6)
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.