|Ohio House of Representatives District 20|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Bishop earned her B.S. in Finance from Franklin University. She is the co-owner of The Bishoff Financial Group.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bishoff served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development and Regulatory Reform|
|• Health and Aging|
|• Military and Veterans Affairs|
Bishoff's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "It is important to understand the root of rising costs rather than just asking Ohioans for more money. Just as a proprietor can't continually fix problems by always charging customers more, we cannot fix our issues at the state level by asking taxpayers for more money."
- Excerpt: "Opiate abuse and heroin addiction have reached every community in Ohio. We must address this issue with comprehensive solutions ranging from prevention and chain of custody to wrap-around treatment services."
- Excerpt: "Military jobs are an important part of the diversification of Ohio's overall jobs portfolio. With two bases in the 20th district, they are a stabilizing factor to the local economy. Our local military presence offers opportunities for our youth as it did for Representative Bishoff through the US Army."
- Excerpt: "The transition back to civilian life can be difficult for combat veterans returning home and their families. Their struggles are not confined to a vacuum — 34,000 Ohio children are part of this equation. Serving those that served our country should always be a priority of our state."
- Excerpt: "With almost 2 million school-aged children in Ohio, education is an issue in critical need of attention. As a mother of four, Representative Bishoff feels the safety, academic achievement and funding of education in Ohio needs to be addressed with all stakeholders at the table and politics checked at the door."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Heather Bishoff was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Dan Mefford was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bishoff and Mefford will face off in the general election.
Bishoff won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House District 20. Bishoff defeated Marco J. Miller in the March 6 Democratic primary and defeated Nathan Burd (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Ohio House of Representatives Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Bishoff is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bishoff raised a total of $545,095 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 1, 2013.
|Heather Bishoff's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 20||$545,095|
|Grand Total Raised||$545,095|
2012Bishoff won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Bishoff raised a total of $545,095.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Heather Bishoff's campaign in 2012|
|House Democratic Caucus Fund of Ohio||$184,341|
|Ohio Democratic Party||$180,401|
|Ohio State Auto Workers||$11,544|
|Ohio Civil Service Employees Association Local 11||$11,544|
|Electrical Workers Local 683||$11,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$545,095|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Innovation Ohio: 130th General Assembly - Women's Issues Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on women’s issues.
In 2012, Bishoff's endorsements included the following:
- Franklin County Democratic Party
- State Representative Nancy Garland
- outlook : columbus
- Former State Representative Marian Harris
- Franklin County Commissioner Marilyn Brown
Bishoff and her husband, Eric, have four children. They currently reside in Blacklick, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Heather + Bishoff + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Heather Bishoff on Facebook
- Heather Bishoff on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Citizens for Bishoff, "Bio," accessed May 21, 2013
- heatherbishoff.com, "Issues," accessed August 22, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Bishoff, Heather," accessed June 1, 2013
- Citizens for Bishoff, "Endorsements," accessed May 21, 2013
Nancy Garland (D)
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 20
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |