|Ohio House of Representatives District 20|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Bishop earned her B.S. in Finance from Franklin University. She is the co-owner of The Bishoff Financial Group.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bishoff served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development and Regulatory Reform|
|• Health and Aging|
|• Military and Veterans Affairs|
The following campaign themes are highlighted on Bishoff's campaign website:
Job Creation & Economic Growth
- Excerpt:"As your State Representative I will work just as hard to ensure that Ohio remains a competitive state for businesses large and small, that we care for the workers who produce results, and that we promote regional cooperation to maximize prosperity over job poaching."
Protecting Our Health
- Excerpt:"I am a strong proponent of preventive care to protect our physical, mental, and economic wellbeing. As rising health care costs consume an ever larger share of the state budget, all Ohioans must work together to advance healthy choices."
Energy & The Environment
- Excerpt:"I am committed to preserving the environment for our children, and for their children. I believe that we need to take a balanced approach to weening ourselves off fossil fuels at a responsible pace while investing in renewable energy sources to power our future."
- Excerpt:"Having worked alongside countless individuals of varying backgrounds, I am committed to policies that treat everyone equally without regard to race, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. The protection of our laws applies to all citizens, and I will vigorously fight any attempt to curtail the civil rights of any Ohioan."
Bishoff won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House District 20. Bishoff defeated Marco J. Miller in the March 6 Democratic primary and defeated Nathan Burd (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Ohio House of Representatives Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Bishoff is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bishoff raised a total of $545,095 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 1, 2013.
|Heather Bishoff's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 20||$545,095|
|Grand Total Raised||$545,095|
2012Bishoff won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Bishoff raised a total of $545,095.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Heather Bishoff's campaign in 2012|
|House Democratic Caucus Fund of Ohio||$184,341|
|Ohio Democratic Party||$180,401|
|Ohio State Auto Workers||$11,544|
|Ohio Civil Service Employees Association Local 11||$11,544|
|Electrical Workers Local 683||$11,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$545,095|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Bishoff's endorsements included the following:
- Franklin County Democratic Party
- State Representative Nancy Garland
- outlook : columbus
- Former State Representative Marian Harris
- Franklin County Commissioner Marilyn Brown
Bishoff and her husband, Eric, have four children. They currently reside in Blacklick, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Heather + Bishoff + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Heather Bishoff on Facebook
- Heather Bishoff on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Citizens for Bishoff, "Bio," Accessed May 21, 2013
- Citizens for Bishoff, "Issues," Accessed May 21, 2013
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State “2012 primary results”
- followthemoney.org, "Bishoff, Heather" Accessed June 1, 2013
- Citizens for Bishoff, "Endorsements," Accessed May 21, 2013
Nancy Garland (D)
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 20
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |