|Former candidate for|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 98|
|Master's||University of Montana|
Cahoon's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||I personally understand that it is oftentimes our access to opportunities, not our potential, that limits our chances of success in life. Therefore, as a state representative I will work to create policies that mandate equal access to opportunities like quality, relevant and affordable pre-K, K-12 and post-secondary education, access to employment in sustainable, meaningful job fields that help ensure a future with clean air, water, and land for us all.||”|
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Willis Curdy defeated Heather Cahoon and Greg Strandberg in the Democratic primary. Roger Seewald was unopposed in the Republican primary. Curdy defeated Seewald in the general election. Incumbent Andrew Person (D) ran in District 96. David August (R) filed to run, but was removed from the ballot before the primary.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 98 General Election, 2014|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 98 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Cahoon's endorsements included:
- Montana Superintendent of Public Instruction Denise Juneau (D)
- Montana Conservation Voters
- Montana Native Vote
- State Rep. Todd Mowbray (D)
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Heather + Cahoon + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives District 98
- Official campaign website
- Heather Cahoon on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 11, 2014
- Heather Cahoon for HD 98, "Bio," accessed May 16, 2014 (dead link)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Heather Cahoon for HD 98, "Endorsements," accessed May 16, 2014 (dead link)
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |