Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Montana|
Margolis is the executive director of the Montana Education Partnership and serves as the ServeNext representative for the state. She has almost two decades of experience working in education, national service and volunteerism.
Margolis sought the Democratic nomination for Governor of Montana. She and her running mate Steve Nelsen lost to Montana attorney general Steve Bullock and his running mate, John E. Walsh, in the June 5th primary election.
Margolis and Nelsen are "crusading for service" in an effort to educate people regarding the importance of service to all Montanans and Americans. In a press release announcing their candidacy, the pair stated:
We believe the role of civic volunteers and of national service members is vital to addressing local challenges across our state. Service is a key bi-partisan strategy that forges public, private-partnerships among civic groups, veterans, local, state and national programs contribute to the success of our schools and institutions of higher education, our economy, our environment, our healthcare system and our nutrition across Montana. Steve and I are dedicated to raising awareness and understanding of service and volunteerism throughout Montana. We hope to inspire people to get even more involved in their communities.
Margolis has two sons.
- Montana gubernatorial and lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2012
- Governor of Montana
- Lieutenant Governor of Montana
- ↑ Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate filing list: Non-legislative," accessed March 12, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Montana Secretary of State, "Unofficial results: June 5, 2012
- ↑ Billings Gazette, "Another Democrat files for governor," March 13, 2012
- ↑ Facebook.com, "About MargolisMelsen," accessed March 14, 2012