|California State Assembly, District 35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Harmon's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Climate and Energy
- Excerpt: "It is time to put the long-term survival of the many over the short-term economic gains of the few."
Community Choice Aggregation
- Excerpt: "As for our State’s goals, communities with Community Choice Energy Programs are laboratories for innovation. CCA's enable competition and policy innovation, driving energy transformation at little to no marginal cost to customers ('ratepayers')."
- Excerpt: "Providing early childhood education access to low income families will help prepare all of our state’s children for the future they deserve. Closing the achievement gap will be an integral part of Heidi’s education policy."
- Excerpt: "We must provide protections for caregivers that enable them to care for families without risking their jobs. I will create and support legislation that ensures that women are paid what they deserve and are protected during times of crisis."
- Excerpt: "Heidi is for sensible gun control that protects all of our rights. Our right to have a safe and secure community must take priority to the right to bear unlimited arms. The privilege of gun ownership must be balanced with responsibility and accountability."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Katcho Achadjian (R) and Heidi Harmon (D) were unopposed in the blanket primary. Achadjian will face Harmon in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Heidi + Harmon + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Assembly
- California State Assembly elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly District 35
- Official campaign website
- Heidi Harmon on Facebook
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart