Heidi J. Knittel
|Former candidate for|
|Idaho State Senate, District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of California at Berkeley|
|Profession||Mental healthcare professional|
Knittel earned her B.A. in English literature from the University of California at Berkeley. She went on to earn her M.A. in Psychology from Saybrook University.
Professionally, Knittel works as a mental healthcare professional.
Knittel's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We must re-invest in high quality public school systems and higher education in Idaho. Idaho ranks below the national average in terms of high school students going on to college. This is a matter of prioritizing how the state’s budget is allocated. It is inadequate to have a schools budget that does not account for the 14,000 additional students Idaho has in public schools."
- Excerpt: "It is time to put down our ideological chains and work across party lines to help businesses grow so they can offer livable wages and a return to prosperity."
- Excerpt: "Good health is a human rights issue. Everyone should have access to medical (including mental health) care."
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Idaho State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Write-in candidate Heidi J. Knittel was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Todd Lakey defeated Lee Rice in the Republican primary. Knittel was defeated by Lakey in the general election.
|Idaho State Senate, District 12, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Todd Lakey Incumbent||68.6%||6,615|
|Democratic||Heidi J. Knittel||31.4%||3,021|
|Idaho State Senate, District 12 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Todd Lakey Incumbent||71.2%||2,269|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Heidi + Knittel + Idaho + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho State Senate
- Idaho State Senate District 12
- Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
- Idaho State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on August 27, 2014
- Knittel for Senate, "Bio," accessed September 1, 2014 (dead link)
- Knittel for Senate, "Issues," accessed on September 1, 2014 (dead link)
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary write-in candidates list," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 20, 2014