|Glossary of terms|
|Edit review process|
All of the editable pages on Ballotpedia have an associated page history, which consists of the old versions of the wikitext that may also be out of date, as well as a record of the date and time (in UTC) of every edit, the username of the user who made it, and any edit summary written by that user.
- "Revision history" and "edit history" are synonyms for "page history."
- To access a page's history, click the "history" tab at the top of the page.
On a history page:
- Edits are shown from newest to oldest. Each edit takes up one line which shows; time & date, the contributor's name or IP and the edit summary, as well as other diagnostic information.
- All past changes to the page are shown; if the number of past changes exceeds 50, you can access earlier changes through a function at the end of each history page.
- To view a specific version, click a date.
- To compare an old version with the current version, click cur.
- To compare a version with its predecessor, click prev.
- To compare two specific versions, tick the left-column radio button of the older version and the right-column radio button of the newer version, and then click the "Compare selected versions" button.
- Minor edits are denoted as m.