Hendry County is one of 67 counties in Florida. La Belle is the county seat.
Hendry County's population was estimated to be 39,594 in 2009.
Evaluation of website
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida county websites
- Board meeting dates, times, and locations are posted. Agendas are also available.
- County commissioners are listed with contact information.
- Administrative officials are listed with contact information.
- Building permit is available.
- Local tax information is provided.
- Current bids are posted, as well as contracts awarded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, but no information on awarded contracts or the bidding process.
- Audit reports are available under the Public Information tab, but out of date.
- There is a page for planning and zoning, but it contains little information.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- There is no information how to make a public records request using the Florida Sunshine Law.
- There is no information on the budget
- Main article: Florida government sector lobbying
Hendry County has reported more than $560,000 spent on lobbying since 2003 (see table).
Hendry County pays for services of the lobbying firm Alcade & Fay. 
Reported lobbying expenditures, 2003-2010 
|| Amount spent on lobbying
|| Less than $10,000
For Hendry County, the clerk or comptroller performs the internal audits.