Henry De Angelis
|Henry De Angelis|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Idaho House of Representatives District 33B|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1970-1995|
|Birthday||September 30, 1944|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
De Angelis's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The most important magnet for well paying jobs in Idaho is creating a world-class education system from pre-school through college. ...This will require increased funding sources to ensure that education budgets are always stable, and are not raided for prisons or other budget items with less priority."
- Excerpt: "Full financial disclosure for all legislators and their wives will definitely reduce conflict of interest problems. An independent civilian ethics commission is also needed, which will eliminate closed door political hogwash."
- State Employees
- Excerpt: "The loss of revenue from the recession has resulted in the hollowing out of most state departments. We must restore these departments to full operating levels so that the state can provide the PROFESSIONAL services required by state law."
- True Local Control
- Excerpt: "Local communities should have a true voice of their own regarding a variety of issues. Local option taxing authority should be available. The regulation recently of natural gas drilling/fracking by the state without local input into possible environmental problems of water quality is not local control."
- Women’s Issues
- Excerpt: "The glass ceiling for women in state government must be broken! The median salary for the eleven women in the cabinet is $85446. The median salary for men is $103,002. We must have equal pay for equal work. The questionable invasion of a women’s medical privacy with the ultrasound bill was outrageous. Although I am personally pro-life, I recognize the right of women to be pro-choice."
De Angelis ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 33B. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 15, 2012 and defeated by Incumbent Linden B. Bateman (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 33B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Linden B. Bateman Incumbent||63.4%||10,690|
|Democratic||Henry De Angelis||36.6%||6,164|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Henry + DeAngelis + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Henry De Angelis, "Issues," accessed October 20, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," May 15, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012