|Maryland House of Delegates District 30A|
|January 8, 2019|
|Years in position (current service)||4|
|Years in position (previous service)||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||United States Naval Academy, 1980|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1980-1991|
|Date of birth||May 30, 1958|
|Place of birth||Knoxville, TN|
McMillan earned his B.S. in History from the U.S. Naval Academy 1980 and his M.A. in Public Administration from Central Michigan University in 1990.. His professional experience includes working as a pilot for American Airlines. He served in the United States Navy from 1980 to 1991.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, McMillan served on the following committees:
|Maryland Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Health & Government Operations|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McMillan served on these committees:
|Maryland Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environmental Matters|
Note: McMillan also served on the Subcommittee on Housing and Real Property and the Subcommittee on Motor Vehicles and Transportation.
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Mike Busch and Chuck Ferrar defeated Laurie Sears Deppa, Cheryl Miller, Ridg Mills, Gordon Smith and Maria Triandos in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Herb McMillan and Genevieve Lindner were unopposed in the Republican primary. Busch and McMillan defeated Ferrar and Linder in the general election for two seats.
McMillan won election in the November 2 general election. He took the third of three seats in the district.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 30 General Election (2010)|
|Ron George (R)||25,631|
|Michael Busch (R)||23,995|
|Herb McMillan (D)||22,553|
|Virginia Clagett (D)||21,142|
|Seth Howard (R)||20,080|
|Judd Legum (D)||19,760|
In 2010, McMillan raised $121,267 in contributions.
His six largest contributors were:
|The Presidential Coalition Llc||$4,000|
|Cmte To Elect Ron George||$2,159|
|Peroutka & Peroutka||$2,000|
|Michael Steele For Maryland Cmte||$2,000|
|Edmondo, Peter M||$2,000|
McMillan is married and has four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Herb + McMillan + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 30
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Official General Election Results," accessed April 30, 2015
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |