|Maine House of Representatives District 10|
|2004 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Pipefitter, Katahdin Paper|
Herbert Clark was a 2014 Democratic candidate for District 5 of the Maine State Senate. He is a former Democratic member of the Maine House of Representatives, representing District 10 from 2004 to 2012.
Clark works as a pipefitter for Katahdin Paper. He has previously worked for the Great Northern Paper Company.
Clark is a member of American Legion Post #80, Fin and Feather Club, Katahdin Federal Credit Union Board of Directors, 4th degree Knight - Knights of Columbus Council #680, President of the Maine Avenue Manor Board of Directors, and is a Trustee with Millinocket Regional Hospital.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Clark served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Clark served on the following committees:
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. James Dill defeated Herbert Clark in the Democratic primary. Wanda Lincoln was unopposed in the Republican primary but withdrew afterwards. Dill defeated replacement Republican candidate Mitchell McLaughlin in the general election.
|Maine State Senate, District 5 Democratic Primary, 2014|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
Clark ran in the 2012 election for Maine State Senate District 27. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Douglas Thomas (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Maine State Senate, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Douglas Thomas Incumbent||92.4%||97,481|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 10 (2010)|
|Herbert Clark (D)||2,374||64%|
|Debbi Perkins (R)||1,307||35%|
Herbert Clark raised $4,661 for his campaign.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 10|
|Herbert Clark (D)||3,315|
|Troy Whitaker (R)||1,123|
In 2010, Clark received $4,685 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below:
|Maine House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Herbert Clark's campaign in 2010|
|Total Raised in 2010||$4,685|
In 2008 Herbert Clark collected $4,661 in donations.
His contributor in 2008 was:
Clark and his wife Ellen have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Herbert + Clark + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Herbert Clark
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Clark
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election Tabulations," accessed March 20, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Clark's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "Maine 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 19, 2014
- 2008 contributors to Herbert Clark
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
|Maine House of Representatives District 10
| Succeeded by|
Stephen Stanley (D)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |