|South Carolina House District 47|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Kirsh earned his B.A. from Duke University in 1949.
Kirsh served in the United States Naval Reserves for two years. He then worked as a businessman with Kirsh Department Store. He is now retired.
Kirsh served as a County Delegate at the State Democratic Convention. He also served as Mayor Pro Tempore for the City of Clover from 1971 to 1975. He then served as Mayor from 1975 to 1978. Kirsh joined the South Carolina State House of Representatives in 1978 and served in that position until 2010, representing the 47th District.
While in the South Carolina House, Kirsh served on the following committee:
- Invitations and Memorial Resolutions Committee, South Carolina House, Chair
- Ways and Means Committee, South Carolina House, Secretary
- Subcommittee on General Government, Personnel, and Benefits
- Subcommittee on Legislative, Executive, and Local Government
- Subcommittee on Proviso, Chair
On November 4, 2008, Kirsh won re-election unopposed to the South Carolina House of Representatives with 11,254 votes, representing District 47.
Kirsh raised $41,069 for his campaign.
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 47 (2008)|
|Herbert Kirsh (D)||11,254|
Kirsh raised $41,069 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|J M Family Enterprises||$1,250|
|South Carolina Medical Equipment Services Association||$1,050|
|13 different donors each donated:||$1,000|
Kirsh is widowed and has four children.
- South Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Herbert Kirsh
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 47
| Succeeded by|
Tommy Pope (R)
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |