|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Joubert lost the Republican primary on May 6 to Milton Holmes, but Holmes was disqualified from the ballot by the North Carolina board of elections. Joubert was nominated as the Republican candidate by the executive committees of the Republican Parties of Durham, Person and Caswell counties and added to the general election ballot.
He serves as chairman of the Caswell County Republican Party.
Joubert's professional experience includes working as a substitute teacher and bus driver in the Caswell County School System. Joubert served in the U.S. Army and is currently a Captain in the Civil Air Patrol.
In an article with the Caswell Messenger, Joubert said that if he were to be elected he would , "fight for economic policies that lift oppressive taxes and unnecessary regulations to encourage new job growth and restore the confidence of employers to expand. I work with students first-hand and appreciate the challenges they face. A good education is critical if they are to succeed, and that requires a solid partnership of parents and teachers working together and I am excited about the opportunity to be their advocate in Raleigh."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Mike Woodard was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Milton Holmes defeated Herman Joubert in the Republican primary. Holmes was disqualified from the race on June 17, 2014, after the board of elections determined that Holmes did not live in the district. Woodard defeated Joubert in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Mike Woodard Incumbent||67.1%||47,978|
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22 Republican Primary, 2014|
Joubert and his wife Julia, have nine adult children, 12 grandchildren and are expecting their first great grandchild.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Herman + Joubert + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 22
- Caswell Messenger, "Joubert gets GOP nod for Senate," July 23, 2014
- www.caswellmessenger.com, "Joubert vies for Woodard's Senate seat," accessed March 25, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014