Hidalgo County, New Mexico
Hidalgo County is one of 33 counties in New Mexico. As of the 2000 census, the population is 5,932, down from its 1980 peak of 6,049 but up 25% since 1970. Over half of the county's population live in the county seat of Lordsburg.
Hidalgo was created on February 25, 1919 from the southern part of Grant County. According to the 2001/2 New Mexico Blue Book, it was named for the town north of Mexico City where the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was signed. Other sources cite Miguel Hidalgo as the county's namesake.
- Information concerning elected officials or public meetings.
- Information on how to file for public records.
- No information on county audits, credit card receipts, or posting on the checkbook register.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Hidalgo County Website
- Public Records Directory - Hidalgo County
- Hidalgo County on E-Reference
- National Association of Counties - Hidalgo County