The Higher Education Committee is a standing committee of the Georgia State Senate.
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Georgia State Senate are assigned by the Committee on Assignments. The Committee on Assignments is made up of the President of the Senate, President Pro Tempore, Majority Leader and two members appointed by the President. Committees are assigned after each election. A majority of members is considered quorum, with "ex officio" members not counting towards quorum but allowed to vote. The President is not recognized as an "ex officio" member of any committee.
See rules: Senate Rules
||Legislation influencing the University System of Georgia, the Technical College System of Georgia, other postsecondary institutions, and student financial aid are considered by the Higher Education Committee.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
- ↑ Georgia State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 2-1.3(a))
- ↑ Georgia State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 2-3.1(c))
- ↑ Georgia State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 2-1.8)
- ↑ Georgia State Senate, "Senate Higher Education," accessed August 21, 2013
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.