For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Higher Education Committee, Hawaii State Senate
This committee also existed in the 2009-2010 legislative session, but not in the 2011-2012 session. The Education Committee was formed for the 2011-2012 session.
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Hawaii State Senate are assigned by the President of the Senate. Committees are assigned at the start of each term. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The President is not recognized as an "ex officio" member of any committee.
See rules: Senate Rules
|“||The purview of this committee includes those programs relating to the University of Hawai‘i, the community college system, private higher education bond financing, and other education matters relevant to higher education, but not including Hawaii P-20 Initiative.||”|
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
|Education Members, 2013|
|Democratic members (4)||Republican members (1)|
|• Jill Tokuda, Chair||• Samuel Slom|
|• Michelle Kidani, Vice Chair|
|• Russell Ruderman|
|• Maile Shimabukuro|
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2009 legislative session.
|Higher Education Members, 2009|
|Democratic members (6)||Republican members (1)|
|• Rosalyn Baker||• Samuel Slom|
|• Russell Kokubun|
|• Norman Sakamoto|
|• Dwight Takamine|
|• Brian Taniguchi|
|• Jill Tokuda|
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014(Section 3-7)
- Information submitted by Carol Taniguchi via email to a Ballotpedia staffer on January 28, 2014.
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014(Section 22-1)
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014(Section 21-7)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.