|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 11|
Hampton's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Re-invent healthy and growing local cities for our neighbors and our children.
- Excerpt: "Reverse the disinvestment in our cities and identify legislation and funding to help make our five cities (Garden City, Dearborn Heights, Inkster, Westland and Livonia) healthy and grow."
Make sure that our seniors prosper.
- Excerpt: "Work to protect the quality of life for our seniors by repealing the pension tax and improving the transportation mobility of our seniors so they can enjoy the great cities of the 11th district."
Quality education leads to successful cities for our neighbors and our children.
- Excerpt: "Will work for funding and innovation to help our public education systems be a partner to parents, educate students and a conduit for successful cities in the 11th district."
A thriving community is a safe community for our neighbors and our children.
- Excerpt: "Will push for policies to help grow our business class in the 11th district cities (Garden City, Dearborn Heights, Inkster, Westland and Livonia), which directly impacts, safety and opportunities for families in the 11th district."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Julie Plawecki defeated seven other candidates in the Democratic primary. Jim Rhoades defeated David Malhalab in the Republican primary. Plawecki defeated Rhoades in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 11 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 11 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Hampton's endorsements included the following:
- Wayne County Sheriff’s Deputies Local 3317
- United Food & Commercial Workers Union, Local 876
- State Senator Tupac Hunter – 5th District Democrat
- State Representative Douglas Geiss – 12th District Democrat
- Westland Mayor William R. Wild
- Wayne Mayor Abdul "Al" Haidous
- Taylor Mayor Rick Sollars
- Romulus Mayor LaRoy Burcroff
- Former State Representative and Garden City Mayor Jim Plakas
- Westland City Council President Pro-Tem Adam Hammonds
- Westland City Council President James Godbout
- Westland City Council member Bob Johnson
- Westland City Council member Dewey Reeves
- Former Wayne County Commissioner & Trustee for Schoolcraft College Joan Gephardt
- Dearborn Heights City Councilman & Former Dearborn Heights State Representative Robert Costan
- Atty. Sir. Michael Berry
- Inkster City Council member Michael Canty
- Inkster City Council member Marcus Williams
- Inkster City Council member Timothy Williams
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Hilliard + Hampton + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 11
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Hillard Hampton on Facebook
- Hillard Hampton on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- hhampton2014.com, "Action Plan," accessed July 22, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- hhampton2014.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 22, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |