|Indiana House of Representatives, District 78|
|January 7, 2014 - Present|
|November 8, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Appointed||January 7, 2014|
|Appointed by||Republican Caucus|
Sullivan's professional experience includes working as a manager at General Motors and Toyota and as a consultant for the University of Southern Indiana's Center for Applied Research.
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Stephen R. Melcher was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Holli Sullivan was unopposed in the Republican primary. Sullivan defeated Melcher in the general election.
|Indiana House of Representatives 78, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Holli Sullivan Incumbent||63.8%||9,676|
|Democratic||Stephen R. Melcher||36.2%||5,482|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on issues "impacting working people."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "pro-jobs, pro-economy issues."
- Legislators are scored on whether they supported or opposed IMA's position on a bill.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Holli + Sullivan + Indiana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House Committees
- Indiana state legislative districts
- Rep. Sullivan on the Indiana House of Representatives website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- hollisullivan.com, "About Holli," accessed August 26, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
Suzanne Crouch (R)
|Indiana House of Representatives District 78
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |