|Glossary of terms|
|Edit review process|
There are three aspects to this test: performing research on the wikis, performing research on the internet, and adding information to an established page. Upon completion of each element, add them to the section of this page called "Results." This test is timed; plan to spend approximately one hour on it in total. Note your start and finish times in the section below.
Note your start and finish times here.
Start time: 11:45
End time: 1:50
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format. Please use pages on the wiki to find your answers.
- How many statewide measures were on the 2008 South Dakota ballot?
- How many states have a Lieutenant Governor? Which states do not?
- Who are the members of the Michigan State Senate Redistricting Committee?
- How many measures relating to Medical Marijuana were on the ballot in 1998? Which (if any) were approved?
- Who is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives?
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format.
- Who is on the City Council for Sun Prairie, WI? When were they elected?
- What was the decision in the case of California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court in California?
- Who sponsored HB 477 in the Utah 2011 session? What did the bill do? What is it's current status?
For the final portion of the test you must add a vote results box to a state legislative page. Vote results boxes require important wiki skills including research, proper citations, and working with templates. Guidelines for adding one to a page can be found here - state legislative guidelines. Select the profile provided below, and add an "election results" section and vote results box, then link to the section you added in the "Results" section indicated below. After completing the section
cross the link you used out on this list.
In this section, add a link to the sub-section of the complex page you edited. Also write your answers to the research questions here in a bullet-pointed list.
- There were seven statewide measures on the 2008 South Dakota ballot
- Forty-five states have a Lieutenant Governor. The five states that do not are Maine, Arizona, Wyoming, New Hampshire, and Oregon.
- There are nine members of the Michigan State Senate Redistricting Committee. The six Republican members are: Joe Hune, Rick Jones, Dave Hildenbrand, Jim Marleau, John Moolenaar, and John Proos. The three Democrat members are: Steven Bieda, Bert Johnson, and Virgil Smith.
- There were five measures related to Medical Marijuana in 1998. It was approved in the states of Alaska, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington. It was defeated in Arizona.
- Oscar Longoria is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives.
- There are nine City Council members for Sun Prairie, WI, including Mayor John Murray who was elected in April 2011.
- The other members are:
- Al Hoffman, first elected in April 2010, and re-elected in April 2012
- Andrea Gage, elected in April 2013
- Dave Carlson, elected in April 2013
- Hariah Hutkowski, first elected in April 2006, and was re-elected in 2008, 2010, and 2012
- Jonathan Freund, first elected in April 2006, and was re-elected in 2008, 2010, and 2012
- Mary Polenske, first elected in April 2010, and re-elected in 2012
- Russ Fassbender, first elected in April 2007, and re-elected in 2009 and 2011
- Zachary Weber, first in appointed in May 2004, and re-elected in 2007, 2009, and 2011.
- The other members are:
- The decision in the case of California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court in California is that the California State University, Fresno Association, Inc. is not subject to public record requests.
- John Dougall was the chief sponsor for HB 477 in the Utah 2011 session. The bill "modifies provisions of the Government Records Access and Management Act and other provisions relating to government records." The bill was put into effect on July 1, 2011.