Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Alabama State Senate, District 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Clemmons's professional experience includes working for IBM from 1965 to 1983. He served as Jackson County District 4 Commissioner from 2008 to 2012. During that time, he donated his salary to Senior Centers, Volunteer Fire Department and Education.
Clemmons's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Education is the key to our future. If we fail to understand the importance of education in a global economy, if we do not fund education at much higher levels and return control to our educators, we leave our children and grandchildren without a future."
- Excerpt: "We will meet the challenge of creating more and better jobs in our area by harnessing our considerable assets. Our greatest strengths include our people, rivers, streams, mountains, plants and wildlife, TVA, and proximity to Huntsville and Chattanooga. The diversity of Northeast Alabama makes it unique in our state, maybe even the nation. By highlighting our natural, human, and industrial/business resources, we can bring in established companies from outside of the state and encourage local residents to build new businesses."
- Excerpt: "Having served under great leadership in the USMC, in Vietnam, and having founded and built a business to over 400 people in seven countries, I have developed the leadership skills that will allow us to establish a better future for our District."
- District 8
- Excerpt: "We need a multifaceted approach to Economic Development that is built around attracting a diverse set of industries. This will ensure that we build an economy that can weather change in fluctuating times. Our key resources in Senate District 8 are our people, rivers, streams, mountains, plant and animal species, TVA, and proximity to Huntsville and Chattanooga. I advocate a plan that includes bringing manufacturing, agriculture, tourist industry, high technology (intellect-based jobs), and retirement communities to our area."
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Horace Clemmons defeated Randy Bruce Money in the Democratic primary. Steve Livingston defeated Todd Greeson in the Republican primary. Livingston then defeated Clemmons in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|Alabama State Senate District 8, General Election, 2014|
|Alabama State Senate, District 8 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Randy Bruce Money||42.9%||1,509|
|Alabama State Senate, District 8 Republican Primary, 2014|
Clemmons and his wife, Elizabeth, have lived in Jackson County since 1999.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Horace + Clemmons + Alabama + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama State Senate
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Alabama State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Horace Clemmons on Facebook
- Horace Clemmons on Twitter
- Horace Clemmons, "About," accessed May 1, 2014
- Horace Clemmons, "Campaign," accessed May 1, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama 2014 general election: Results for statewide and congressional races," November 4, 2014