Howard Hunter III
|Howard Hunter III|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Commissioner in Hertford County|
|(timed out) Campaign website|
Hunter is currently serving his third term as Commissioner in Hertford County.
In an article with the Roanoke-Chowan News Herald, Hunter said if elected into office he will focus, "his attention on infrastructure improvement; removing certain counties from CAMA jurisdiction; ensuring that all our children receive a sound education; and economic development in northeastern North Carolina."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Howard Hunter III defeated incumbent Annie Mobley in the Democratic primary, while Sidney Pierce III was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hunter defeated Pierce in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 5 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Howard Hunter III||58.9%||5,248|
|Annie Mobley Incumbent||41.1%||3,664|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Howard + Hunter + III + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 5
- Official campaign website (timed out)
- Howard Hunter III on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- www.roanoke-chowannewsherald.com, "Hunter seeks 5th District seat," accessed April 17, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |