|Alabama House of Representatives District 20|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||26|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Associate's||Meridian Junior College|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi State University|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Birthday||October 18, 1935|
|Place of birth||Meridian, MS|
|Profession||President, Computer Leasing Company, Inc.|
Sanderford is the president of the Computer Leasing Company, Incorporated. He previously worked for the IBM Corporation, and served as an Officer in the United States Marine Corps.
He is a member of the Alabama Board of Medical Scholarship Awards, Alabama Commission on Aerospace Sciences, Alabama Management Improvement Program, First Baptist Church, president of the Huntsville Rotary Club, and vice president of the Metropolitan Young Men's Christian Association Board.
Sanderford served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Boards, Agencies and Commissions Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Judiciary Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Civil Justice, Chair
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Howard Sanderford was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 20 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Howard Sanderford (R)||5,725|
|David Pinkleton (R)||2,386|
|Frances Taylor (R)||1,927|
Sanderford raised $43,108 for his campaign.
In 2010, Sanderford raised $94,244 in contributions.
His five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$9,317|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$7,500|
|Republicans For The Future||$7,500|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$5,000|
|Alabama Association Of Nurse Anesthetists||$5,000|
In 2006, Sanderford collected $43,108 in donations.
Below are Sanderford's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Business Council of AL||$2,500|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$2,000|
|AL Associated General Contractors||$2,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$1,500|
|Sound Economy PAC||$1,500|
Sanderford and his wife, Dot, have three children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of December 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Howard + Sanderford + Alabama + House + Legislature"
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Howard Sanderford's personal website
- Alabama Legislature - Howard Sanderford
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Sanderford Biography," accessed May 5, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama2010.com, "Alabama GOP primary results," accessed May 5, 2014 (dead link)
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Alabama House District 20
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|