|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||August 2, 2011|
Holliday serves as county supervisor for Pearl River County.
Holliday, the youngest of six children, is a lifelong resident of Poplarville. He worked in the oil fields and mechanic shops during the summers while in college and later went on to work for the Boeing Company. His entreprenurial spirit led him to business ventures involving farming, timber harvesting, home building, heavy construction, law enforcement, real estate development, soldiering and even crop dusting.
Holliday is a retired two-star general, having served almost 39 years in the Mississippi National Guard.
- Pearl River Community College
- B.A., business administration, University of Southern Mississippi
- U.S. Army War College
- See also: Mississippi gubernatorial election, 2011
|Gubernatorial Republican Primary election|
|Republican Party||Phil Bryant||59.5%|
|Republican Party||Dave Dennis||25.7%|
|Republican Party||Ron Williams||8.8%|
|Republican Party||Hudson Holliday||4.7%|
|Republican Party||James Broadwater||1.2%|
During his 2011 gubernatorial campaign, Holliday summarized his poitical goals and philosophies for Vote MS.
|“||"During the last 18 months, my wife and I have travelled the state spreading the message that "with the right leadership, we can have a better, more prosperous state for us, our children, and grandchildren". The decisions we make in this upcoming election will determine the future of Mississippians for generations to come. Are we going to set out in a bold new direction, with bold new leadership, fresh ideas and fresh approach to age old problems? Are we going to elect a leader that will unite us so that we can all share in the American dream, or are we going to stick with the same old politics that for decades, have left too many of us poor. I sincerely hope, for our children's sake that you join me in setting a bold new course."||”|
Holliday was inducted to the Fort Benning, Georgia Officer Candidate School Hall of Fame in 2005. He and his wife, Paulette Holliday, have three children and two grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms "Hudson Holliday Mississippi Governor."
- Some of the stories below may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of Google's news search engine.
State Executive elections
| Kentucky • Louisiana |
Mississippi • West Virginia
|Gubernatorial • Lt. Governor |
Attorney General • Secretary of State
Down ballot offices: (KY, LA, MS)
|News • Calendar|
- Mississippi gubernatorial election, 2011
- Mississippi lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2011
- Gubernatorial elections, 2011
- Governor of Mississippi
- Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi
- wlox.com, "PRC Supervisor Hudson Holliday running for governor," January 20, 2011
- HudsonHolliday.com, "About Hudson Holliday," accessed July 20, 2011 (timed out)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Vote MS, "Biographical Profile for Hudson Holliday," accessed March 20, 2015