|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||August 26, 2014|
|Mayor of Tempe, Arizona|
|Bachelor's||Claremont Men's College|
|J.D.||University of Chicago Law School|
|Birthday||January 13, 1962|
|Place of birth||Tempe, Arizona|
|Profession||Attorney, School Headmaster|
Hallman was a Republican candidate for state treasurer of Arizona in the 2014 elections. Hallman originally filed to run for governor in January 2013. He withdrew from the gubernatorial race in September 2013 in order to run for treasurer.
Hallman is a business law attorney, specializing in domestic and international finance and taxation. Since 2009 Hallman has served as the Headmaster of Tempe Preparatory Academy, a public school attended by his three sons.
He was raised in a neighborhood in North Tempe, Arizona, where he resides today with his family. He holds bachelor's degrees in economics and political science from Claremont Men's College, and a Juris Doctor from the University of Chicago School of Law.
In addition to his law practice, Hallman's resume includes teaching business law and economics at East Kazakhstan State University, and co-authoring two books about the Arizona labor economy and trade relations with Mexico, entitled How to Do Business in Sonora andComo Hacer Negocios En Arizona. He also wrote "How to Do Business in Kazakhstan," which was first published in 1999.
- Bachelor's degrees in economics and political science - Claremont Men's College
- Juris Doctor - University of Chicago Law School
Mayor of Tempe, Arizona (2004-2012)
Hallman was elected Tempe mayor in 2004 and served until 2012. He previously served on the Tempe City Council.
Hallman ran for election to the office of Arizona Treasurer. Hallman unsuccessfully sought the Republican nomination in the primary on August 26, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Primary election - August 26, 2014
|Arizona Treasurer Republican Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:Arizona Secretary of State. Vote totals above are unofficial and reflect 100% precincts reporting.|
|Arizona Treasurer, Republican Primary|
|Poll||Jeff DeWit||Hugh Hallman||Randy Pullen||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
July 9-10, 2014
July 14, 2014
August 19-20, 2014
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to|
Hugh and his wife, Susan, have three sons named Louis, Eli, and Marcus.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Hugh + Hallman + Arizona + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arizona Treasurer
- Arizona down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- Arizona state executive official elections, 2014
- Hallman on Facebook
- Follow Hallman on Twitter
- Office of the Governor of Arizona
- Elections Division - Arizona Secretary of State
- The Associated Press, "Ex-Tempe mayor Hugh Hallman enters 2014 Arizona governor's race," January 29, 2013
- abc15.com, "Hugh Hallman withdraws from Arizona governor's race," September 19, 2013
- Hugh Hallman - Past Mayor of Tempe, Arizona, "About Hugh Hallman," accessed January 31, 2013
- Phoenix Business Journal, "Hugh Hallman looks at GOP run for Arizona governor," January 11, 2013
State of Arizona
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Lands | Director of Labor | Chairman of Corporation Commission | State Mine Inspector |