|Idaho House of Representatives District 16B|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|November 30, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Marketing Management/Business Administration, Western Michigan University (1970)|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kloc served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government|
Kloc's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Government that puts the Public Good First
- Incentives for Idaho Businesses
- Investments in Programs that Create Jobs
- Quality Education
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Hy Kloc was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jim Silsby was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kloc defeated Silsby in the general election.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 16B, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Hy Kloc Incumbent||58.4%||8,257|
Kloc won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 16B. Kloc defeated David A. Honey in the Democratic primary on May 15 and defeated Graham Paterson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 16B, General Election, 2012|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 16B Democratic Primary, 2012|
|David A. Honey||26.7%||321|
Kloc was endorsed by the following people:
- Governor Cecil Andrus
- Mayor Dave Bieter
- Bethine Church
- State Representative Elfrida Higgins
- State Senator Les Block
- State Representative Grant Burgoyne
- State Senator Elliot Werk
Comprehensive donor information for Kloc is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kloc raised a total of $31,095 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Hy Kloc's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho State House, District 16B||$31,095|
|Grand Total Raised||$31,095|
2012Kloc won election to the Idaho House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kloc raised a total of $31,095.
|Idaho House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Hy Kloc's campaign in 2012|
|Idaho Education Association||$1,500|
|Burgoyne, Grant T.||$1,250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$31,095|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills "impacting economic freedom in the state."
- Legislators are scored on their stances on conservative issues.
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Kloc received a score of -70 points in the 2013 index, ranking 63rd out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Hy + Kloc + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- Profile from the Idaho House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Hy Kloc on Facebook
- Hy Kloc on Twitter
- Hy Kloc, "Issues," accessed October 15, 2012 (Archived)
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 20, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Hy Kloc, "Endorsements," October 16, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Kloc, Hy," accessed December 12, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Elfreda Higgins (D)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 16B
| Succeeded by|