Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Washington, District 5|
|Profession||Founder and Director of a non-profit|
Moody outlines his campaign platform: "*The government mandate in the healthcare reform bill is unconstitutional and should be repealed.
- The right to bear arms should be protected.
- Fairchild Airforce Base must remain open and adequately funded.
- Farmers should be allowed to grow industrial hemp.
- Marijuana should be licensed, taxed, and regulated similar to alcohol and tobacco, putting a dent in the activities of violent drug gangs and international terrorists and improving public health and safety in our local communities."
Moody ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 5th District. He sought the nomination as an independent and faced incumbent Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R), Rich Cowan (D) and Randall Yearout (R) in the primary. The top two vote-getters, regardless of party, went on the general election ballot. He was defeated in the August 7, 2012, primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ian + Moody + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Development Update: Friday, January 24 - The Futon Critic
- Prince William County and Stafford County home sales - Washington Post
- Reid Says Debt Limit Not Urgent After Lew Seeks Quick Action - San Francisco Chronicle
- Detecting a New Season - New York Times
- Montgomery County and Frederick County home sales - Washington Post
- The TV shows you can't miss in 2014 - NEWS.com.au
- Washington's 5th Congressional District
- Washington's 5th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives