Idaho Falls School District 91, Idaho
|Idaho Falls School District 91|
|Idaho Falls, Idaho|
|Number of schools:||20|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Lisa Burtenshaw|
About the districtIdaho in Bonneville County. The county seat of Bonneville County is Idaho Falls. Bonneville County is home to 107,517 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau.
Bonneville County outperformed the rest of Idaho in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 26.0 percent of Bonneville County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 25.1 percent for Idaho as a whole. The median household income in Bonneville County was $50,872 compared to $46,767 for the state of Idaho. The poverty rate in Bonneville County was 11.4 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
The superintendent of Idaho Falls School District 91 is George Boland.
Idaho Falls schools are overseen by a five-member board elected to four-year terms.
|Idaho Falls Board of Trustees|
|Member||District||Assumed Office||Term Ends|
|Lisa Burtenshaw||3||July 2009||2015|
School board elections
Members of the Idaho Falls Board of Trustees are elected to four-year terms. Elections are held every odd-numbered year. Three seats are up for election in 2015 and two seats are up for election in 2017.
Public participation in board meetings
The Idaho Falls Board of Trustees maintains the following policy on public testimony during board meetings:
114.0 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN BOARD MEETINGS
114.1 - Public Invited to Attend Sessions
114.2 - Function of Board Meeting
It is of paramount importance, however, that the patrons realize that a Board meeting is a meeting held in public view, not a public meeting. To permit community members to be heard, and at the same time to conduct its meetings properly and efficiently, the Board establishes the following procedures for persons wishing to speak before the Board:
—Idaho Falls School District 91 website, (2014), 
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
- Idaho school districts
- List of school districts in Idaho
- Idaho school board elections, 2015
- School board elections portal
- Idaho Falls School District 91
- Idaho Education Association
- Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Bonneville County, Idaho
- Idaho Department of Education
- Idaho School Boards Association
- National Center for Education Statistics, "Idaho Falls District," accessed December 26, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Bonneville County, Idaho," accessed December 27, 2014
- Bonneville County, "Election Results," accessed December 27, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Idaho Falls School District 91, "Administrators," accessed December 27, 2014
- Idaho Falls School District 91, "Board members," accessed December 28, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Idaho Falls School District 91, "Board of Trustees Policy Manual - 114.0 Public Participation in Board Meetings," accessed December 28, 2014
- Idaho Falls School District 91, "Budget Document FY-12," accessed December 8, 2013
- Idaho Falls School District 91, "FY 2015 Budget Documents," accessed December 10, 2014