Idaho Public School Permanent Endowment Fund, HJR 8 (1998)
The Idaho Public School Permanent Endowment Fund Amendment, also known as House Joint Resolution 8, was on the November 3, 1998 ballot in Idaho as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure changed the name of the Public School Fund to the Public School Permanent Endowment Fund. The measure also provided that earnings from the fund be deposited into the Public School Earnings Reserve Fund and provide for distribution.
|Idaho HJR 8 (1998)|
Election results via: Idaho Secretary of State
Text of measure
The question appeared on the ballot as:
|“||"Shall Section 3, Article IX, and Section 11, Article IX, of the Constitution of the State of Idaho be amended as follows:
1. To change the name of the Public School Fund to the Public School Permanent Endowment Fund; 2. To provide that the earnings of that fund shall be deposited into the Public School Earnings Reserve Fund and distributed in the maintenance of the schools and among the counties and school districts of the state; 3. To provide that no part of the Public School Permanent Endowment Fund principal shall be transferred, used or appropriated to any other fund; 4. To prohibit legislative appropriations from the funds except that the legislature may appropriate moneys from the Public School Earnings Reserve Fund to pay for administrative costs incurred managing the assets of the public school endowment including, but not limited to, real property and monetary assets; 5. To provide that the state treasurer is the custodian of these funds; 6. To provide that the state shall supply losses incurred by the Public School Permanent Endowment Fund, excepting losses on moneys allocated from the Public School Earnings Reserve Fund; and 7. To provide that permanent endowment funds may be invested, rather than loaned, in investments in which a trustee is authorized to invest pursuant to state law?".
- Idaho 1998 ballot measures
- 1998 ballot measures
- List of Idaho ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Idaho
- Idaho Secretary of State Elections Division, "Idaho Constitutional Amendment History," accessed April 28, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "1998 General Election Proposed Constitutional Amendment," accessed April 28, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Idaho
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Lands | Director of Labor | Public Utilities Commission |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|