Idaho Senate Bill 1108 (2013)
|Idaho Senate Bill 1108 (2013)|
|Sponsor(s):||State Affairs Committee|
|Introduced:||February 15, 2013|
|State house:||March 22, 2013|
|State senate:||March 11, 2013|
|State law:||Laws governing the initiative |
process in Idaho
|Code:||Elections Code: Initiative and Referendum|
|Section:||Title 34 Ch. 18|
|Impact on initiative rights|
Idaho SB 1108 was introduced by the State Affairs committee on February 15, 2013. It was approved 25 to 10 in the Senate and in the House by a vote of 45 to 21 with 4 absentee or abstaining votes.
According to the National Conference of State Legislatures website SB 1108:
Amends existing law relating to initiative and referendum elections to revise signature requirements. Adds geographic distribution as follows: 6% of the qualified electors at the time of the last general election in each of at least 18 legislative districts; provided however, the total number of signatures shall be equal to or greater than 6% of the qualified electors in the state at the time of the last general election. Revises provisions relating to the form of petitions to include legislative district on the signature sheet.
- Changes in 2013 to laws governing ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Idaho
- Laws governing ballot measures in Idaho
- Idaho Legislature
- Openstates.org, Idaho Senate Bill 1108, accessed January 16, 2014
- Idaho State Legislature website, Idaho SB 1108 information, accessed January 16, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures website, Idaho 2013 bills, accessed January 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.