Idaho Senate Bill 1191 (2013)
|Idaho Senate Bill 1191 (2013)|
|Sponsor(s):||State Affairs Committee|
|Introduced:||March 22, 2013|
|State house:||March 28, 2013|
|State senate:||March 25, 2013|
|State law:||Laws governing the initiative |
process in Idaho
|Code:||Elections Code: Initiative and Referendum|
|Section:||Title 34 Ch. 18|
Idaho Senate Bill 1191 was introduced by the State Affairs Committee on March 22, 2013. It was approved in the Senate by a vote of 33 for, 1 against and 1 neutral. In the House it was approved with 63 "yes" votes, 5 "no" votes and 2 "other." The bill changed the laws for initiatives concerning petition form, signatures requirements and circulator requirements.
According to the National Conference of State Legislatures website Senate Bill 1191:
1. Amends petition format requirements: designation of legislative district must be marked "for official use only."
2. Removes requirement that each petition sheet contain only signatures from one legislative district; retains requirement that they contain signatures from only one county.
- Changes in 2013 to laws governing ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Idaho
- Laws governing ballot measures in Idaho
- Idaho Legislature
- Openstates.org, Idaho Senate Bill 1191," accessed January 16, 2014
- Idaho State Legislature website, Idaho SB 1191 information," accessed January 16, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures, Idaho State 2013 legislation," accessed January 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.