Idaho State Policies Regarding Homosexuality, Proposition 1 (1994)
Act Establishing State Policies Regarding Homosexuality
Initiative relating to homosexuality and the state's authority to afford homosexuals minority status; enacting a new chapter, chap. 80, title 67, Idaho Code: providing that no state agency, department or political subdivision shall grant minority status to persons who engage in homosexual behavior; providing that same-sex marriages and domestic partnerships shall not be legally recognized; providing that elementary and secondary school educators shall not discuss homosexuality as acceptable behavior; providing that no state funds shall be expended in a manner that has the effect of accepting or approving homosexuality; limiting to adults access to library materials which address homosexuality; providing that private sexual practices may be considered non-job factors in public employement; and providing a severability clause.
Shall the above-entitled measure proposed by Proposition One be approved?
- List of Idaho ballot measures
- Idaho 1994 ballot measures
- 1994 ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by state
- Laws governing the initiative process in Idaho
- 1994 Idaho Ballot Measures Election Results
- Idaho Ballot Measures 1994
- David W. Dunlap (1994 Nov 14) New York Times The 1994 election: homosexuals; gay politicians cite gains amid losses