Idaho government sector lobbying
This practice is controversial because public funds are spent to lobby for an agenda not subject to direct approval by voters, and outcomes may be contrary to taxpayers' benefit.
Basin School District #72 Chairman Ken Gordon and Superintendent John McFarlane attended a superintendent’s meeting pertaining to the future lack of Forest Funds. A coalition, the Idaho Association of National Forest Schools, was formed to lobby the Legislature regarding the diminishing Forest Funds and the importance of these funds to school districts.
The Hailey City Council passed a series of measures to water down its laws against marijuana use in 2007. These measures required city officials to lobby for reform of marijuana laws statewide.
Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations
- Idaho School Boards Association
- Idaho Association of School Administrators
- Idaho Rural Schools Association
- Association of Health District Directors
- Idaho Association of Highway Districts
- Idaho Library Association