For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Illinois House of Representatives District 35
|Illinois House of Representatives District 35|
|Current incumbent||Frances Ann Hurley|
|Ethnicity||9% Black, 7.2% Hispanic|
|Voting age||77.2% age 18 and over|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
As of the 2010 census, a total of 105,864 civilians reside within Illinois' thirty-fifth state house district. Illinois state representatives represent an average of 108,734 residents. After the 2000 Census, each member represented 105,248 residents.
About the chamber
Article IV of the Illinois Constitution states: To be eligible to serve as a member of the General Assembly, a person must be a United States citizen, at least 21 years old, and for the two years preceding his election or appointment a resident of the district which he is to represent.
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the Illinois House of Representatives are paid $67,836/year. Additionally, legislators receive $111/day per diem.
If there is a vacancy in the house, the state constitution mandates that the seat must be filled by appointment when allowed by law. The appointment must be made within 30 days after the vacancy. All vacancies must be filled by a member of the same political party that last held the seat.
The vacancy must be filled by the respective party organizations covering the legislative district. This must be voted on by the respective committeemen and committeewomen representing the legislative district.
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Frances Ann Hurley ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Victor C. Horne ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Hurley then defeated Horne in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 35, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Frances Ann Hurley Incumbent||66.1%||25,205|
|Republican||Victor C. Horne||33.9%||12,927|
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on March 20, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 5, 2011. Frances Ann Hurley (D) defeated Ricardo Fernandez (R) in the general election. Hurley defeated Anthony R. Martin and Andrew Byrne Hodorowicz in the Democratic primary, while Fernandez was unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 35, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Frances Ann Hurley||68.3%||34,590|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 35 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Frances Ann Hurley||53.5%||6,782|
|Anthony R. Martin||31.7%||4,024|
|Andrew Byrne Hodorowicz||14.8%||1,872|
Since 2000, candidates for Illinois House of Representatives District 35 have raised a total of $2,268,601. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $133,447 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, Illinois House of Representatives District 35|
- For more information on the parameters the U.S. Census Bureau use, please see our Race and Ethnicity on the United States Census page.
- publicmapping.org, "Illinois 2010 Census Statistics," accessed October 9, 2013
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- Illinois General Assembly, "Illinois Constitution," accessed December 16, 2013(Referenced Section Article IV, Section 2(d))
- Illinois General Assembly, "Illinois Election Code," accessed December 16, 2013(Referenced Statute 10 ILCS 5/25 6 (a), (c))
- Illinois General Assembly, "Illinois Election Code," accessed December 16, 2013(Referenced Statute 10 ILCS 5/25 6 (d))
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
- "Illinois State Board of Elections - Official Primary Election Results," accessed October 9, 2013
- "Illinois State Board of Elections - Official General Election Results," accessed October 9, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |