Illinois Public Health Association
- Main article: Illinois government sector lobbying
Income and Expenses
|Year||Total Expenses||Total Income|| Membership dues |
(included in Total Income)
Note: Tax years begin January 1 and end December 31.
The organization is concerned with AIDS awareness, and introduced an outreach initiative, Illinois HIV Care Connect, to increase awareness about a statewide network of services for HIV-positive individuals.
In 2007, the association endorsed Governor Rod Blagojevich's Illinois Covered, which extended healthcare coverage to 1.4 million uninsured adults.
The Illinois Public Health Association co-sponsored, along with the Illinois Department of Public Health, the 2009 Illinois Public Health Emergency Preparedness Summit, "Strengthening Illinois Through Community Engagement." The summit had the purpose of giving participants the opportunity to share ideas and learn how to best prepare for public health emergencies, natural disasters, environmental health accidents, terrorist attacks or disease outbreaks.
The association honors individuals who have made significant contributions to public health with its annual Distinguished Service Award.
- About IPHA
- Illinois Secretary of State Lobbyist List
- Form 990, Illinois Public Health Association 2007
- Form 990, Illinois Public Health Association 2006
- Form 990, Illinois Public Health Association 2005
- "New Statewide Outreach Initiative Joins the Fight Against HIV Infection in Illinois," April 7, 2009
- "Illinois Pharmacists Endorse Illinois Covered Health Insurance Plan," May 16, 2007
- "State of Illinois Preparing for H1N1 Flu and Other Public Health Emergencies," July 15, 2009
- Daily Herald, "Movers and shakers," May 3, 2008