Incorporation of the City of Arden Arcade, Measure D (November 2010)
Election results are from the Sacramento County elections division as of November 24, 2010.
The area that would have become the new City of Arden Arcade if Measure D had been approved consists of land bordered "on the west and north by the Sacramento city limits, on the north by Auburn Boulevard and the centerline of Winding Way, on the east by the centerline of Jacob Lane and Mission Avenue and its northerly extension to the centerline of Cypress Avenue, and on the south by the centerline of the American River."
- Joel Archer was a supporter of Measure D. He was also a city council candidate for the city council that would have come into existence if Measure D had been approved. His reasons for supporting Measure D included saying that the county has not provided adequate law enforcement and appropriate planning for Arden Arcade.
- The Sacramento County Deputy Sheriffs’ Association supported Measure D.
- Mike Duveneck was an opponent of Measure D and the chairman of the No on Measure D campaign. He said it would add unnecessary levels of government and that, "We think it’s just a risk in a lot of ways that we can’t afford to take."
- Plumbers and Pipefitters union, Local 447, gave $50,000 to the "No on D" campaign.
- The California Association of Highway Patrolmen gave $3,000 to "No on D" in October.
- Sheriff John McGinness was opposed.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Measure D: Shall the order adopted June 25, 2010, by Sacramento County LAFCo, ordering the incorporation of the territory described and designated as “City of Arden Arcade” be confirmed subject to terms and conditions specified in the order, including payments to Sacramento County commencing FY 2012-2013 and terminating after $219,000,000 is paid, and for the City to levy and collect the same taxes, fees, charges, assessments and rates currently imposed by Sacramento County, as particularly described in the order?|
- Full text of Measure D (dead link)
- Website of the "Yes on Measure D" campaign
- Website of the "No on Measure D" campaign
- Sacramento Press, "Arden Arcade ballot measure explained," October 27, 2010
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.