Indiana House of Representatives District 92
|Indiana House of Representatives District 92|
|Current incumbent||Karlee D. Macer|
|Race||66.4% White, 20.5% Black, 1.9% Asian, 8.1% Other, 3% Two or More|
|Ethnicity||12.8% Hispanic, 62.4% White Non-Hispanic|
|Voting age||74.4% age 18 and over|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
As of the 2010 census, a total of 64,779 civilians reside within Indiana's ninety-second state house district. Indiana state representatives represent an average of 64,838 residents. After the 2000 Census, each member represented 60,805 residents.
About the chamber
- A United States citizen at the time of the election
- Have resided in the state for at least two years and in the house district for at least one year before the election
- Be at least twenty-one years old upon taking office
- Registered to vote in the election district the person seeks to represent not later than the deadline for filing the declaration or petition of candidacy or certificate of nomination.
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the Indiana legislature are paid $22,616.46/year. Additionally, legislators receive $152/day per diem tied to the federal rate.
Indiana legislators created a 401(k) plan for themselves in 1989, becoming the first in the nation to do so. Lawmakers who took office after April 1989 were ineligible for the traditional pension plan, receiving the individual retirement account instead.
Legislators pay 5% of their annual salary into the 401(k). In 2007, they voted to include per diem allowances, expense payments and leadership stipends into the calculation, thus raising their retirement accounts.
Whenever there is a vacancy in the house, the state committee of the party that last held the seat must appoint a replacement. This is contingent upon the approval of the respective state chairperson of the party. Any vacant seat held by an independent must be filled by a special election.
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Karlee D. Macer was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Bradford Moulton was unopposed in the Republican primary. Macer, Moulton and John L. Couch (I) will face off in the general election. Couch filed to run on June 27, 2014.
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on May 8, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 10, 2012. Karlee Macer (D) defeated Tim Motsinger (R) in the general election. Macer defeated Tyjuan Garrett and Brian Cooper in the Democratic primary, while Motsinger defeated Brad Rider and Richard B. Scott, Sr. in the Republican primary.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 92, General Election, 2012|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 92 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 92 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Richard Scott, Sr.||7.1%||412|
Since 2000, candidates for Indiana House of Representatives District 92 have raised a total of $949,600. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $52,756 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, Indiana House of Representatives District 92|
|* Campaign finance data for 2012 is incomplete for this district.|
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana State Senate
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana state legislative districts
- stats.indiana.edu, "Indiana STATS - Legislative Redistricting," accessed October 11, 2013
- "2010 Indiana Candidate Guide," accessed December 16, 2013
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- USA Today, "How state lawmakers pump up pensions in ways you can't," April 16, 2012
- FindLaw, "Indiana Code," accessed December 16, 2013(Referenced Statute Indiana Code §3-13-5-0.1)
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed August 11, 2014
- "Indiana Secretary of State - Official Primary Results," accessed October 11, 2013
- "Indiana Secretary of State – Official General Election Results," accessed October 11, 2013
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |