For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Indiana government sector lobbying
This practice is controversial because public funds are spent to lobby for an agenda not subject to direct approval by voters, and outcomes may be contrary to taxpayers' benefit.
The Pacific Research Institute gives Indiana's lobbying disclosure laws consistently high marks. The Institute studied laws regarding the level of disclosure required of lobbying governments and found that Indiana provided one of the most comprehensive laws, as well as definitions for its lobbying laws that other states do not provide.
Some organizations fighting local government reform in Indiana are funded with public dollars. The Indiana Association of Counties has fought the Commission on Local Government Reform's recommendations on such matters as hiring professionals as coroners, surveyors and assessors rather than electing politicians. The Indiana Township Association is one of the toughest opponents of the reform efforts. Its members, township trustees and assessors are fighting not only to save their own positions but in many instances to protect the jobs of family members under their employment.
The city of Gary has lobbied for a Michael Jackson and family museum, in the hopes that this would bring tourist money to Gary.
City and municipal
- Association of Indiana Counties
- Association of Indiana County Assessors
- Indiana Association of County Commissioners
- Indiana County Auditors Association
- Indiana County Recorder’s Association
- Indiana County Treasurer’s Association
- Indiana School Boards Association
- Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents
- Indiana Association of School Business Officials
- Association of Indiana Conservancy District
- Association of Indiana Convention & Visitors Bureaus
- Association of Indiana Solid Waste Management Districts
- Indiana Association of Area Agencies on Aging